Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm so pissed.

I rented Waking Life thinking it would be a great, weird movie to watch, having heard things about it for years and years, about how it muses on reality versus the dream world. I got ten minutes, maybe fifteen, into that fucking movie and gave up. If I'd heard one more Goddamn comment on existentialism and evolution I was going to puke or smash my TV or both. And that live-action-painted-over look was making me queasy anyway. It was like watching a moving Van Gogh painting. Here's hoping that A Scanner Darkly is better. But you're on notice, Linklater.

I got $25 for that shitty drawing I did. I was expecting... well... $0 so that went better than originally planned, I guess. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with it and I think I've come up with a solution.

I know, I know, I don't need anything and Christmas is coming up. I was thinking about buying more eyeshadow and lipstick to hoard, but I already have pretty much every color a sane person would want, I just have a thing for sparkly things that have different-colored sparkles in them. So I'm going with some stuff from One Hand Washes the Other- they have pretty tinted lip balms that are different from the drugstore brands in that they don't all seem to lean too brown in their base shades. One is red with green sparkles, another is silver that flashes pink, and one is coral, which I normally stay away from but this doesn't seem too orange. And it's blood orange flavored! My favorite (sort of)! At least those would be useful- color and conditioning for my easily-chapped lips.

I haven't got much else to say. I've done fuck all in the last couple of days. Maybe I'll have more to say tomorrow, I'm not sure. Later.

2 comments:

  1. dude! that movie sucks SO HARD. you know someone is trying hard to be 'cool and deep' when they mention 'Waking Life'. A Scanner Darkly is one you must watch while high. it's hard to follow because there seem to be too many layers to the story and it just gets tangled.. but seriously, 420 before you watch.. it's a million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I've seen part of "A Scanner Darkly" and I think I'll be okay without getting high. I'm sure that makes it more interesting but it makes everything more interesting. People always thought I was weird cos I never sparked up before watching "The Wall". I've never smoked weed in my life. I used to be opposed to it, but I probably would if I wouldn't be going home that night or something.

    ReplyDelete