Thursday, November 11, 2010

Boring post ahead. Maybe. I don't know.

So I got a bit of a surprise this morning. My mom handed me two packages, and I had NO recollection of ordering anything that I hadn't already gotten. But, my name was on both labels, so it definitely was for me. I tore the boxes open and...

Free hairspray! I'd totally forgotten, but I entered a contest a few months ago on behindthechair.com to win two cans of TIGI Catwalk "Sleek Mystique" hairspray from their straightening collection of the same name. I'll keep one and give the other to Pinkie as part of her Christmabirthday (or is it Birthmas?) present (don't judge me, her birthday is December 8th so why should I send two packages?) next month.

On a less happier note, I found out some rather nasty things about a makeup company that I bought from less than a year ago, just before all this stuff came out. For those of you unfamiliar with Lime Crime, it isn't worth the time, energy, or money. I was so excited- the color I ordered was called Dragon Scales (great name) and it looked like a brownish-red with tons of blue and green sparkles. It turned out to be just a very finely-ground mica glitter, not even a proper eyeshadow, and I paid $12 for the shit. And OF COURSE I'm nearly a year late to jump on the bandwagon here.

The other night, I was bumming around on Lipsticks and Lightsabers, Anastasia's blog, and looking back several months led to not just one but SEVERAL unfavorable posts regarding Lime Crime. Her lipstick review made me VERY glad I didn't bother with them- they're too thick, chalky, and they stain. Plus, the bright purple tube with the sparkly unicorn, while cute, is also enormous for a lipstick tube and kinda resembles a bullet vibrator. For $16, too. I'd rather spend my money on MAC and save two bucks.

The main issue is that several people have caught on to the fact that Doe Deere, the founder of Lime Crime, has been buying mica from a wholesaler and repackaging it... in containers that the wholesaler carries, no less. Just with her own stickers slapped on them and marked up 4000%. She has also been found to have had many shady business practices in the past (selling children's fake sunglasses as couture on eBay, copying other designer's work on Etsy, making videos of herself mixing eyeshadows in VERY unsanitary conditions, etc.) and has a history of threatening legal action against bloggers that posted negative reviews and sending her sock puppets out after them.

So... I feel really stupid. And I don't know what to do with this fucking repackaged glitter stuff that I have to cake on wet just for it to show up. I'm debating whether or not I should mix it with something else, just to get decent wearability out of it.

Anyway.

I've been commissioned to do a drawing for a friend so I'll be doing that tomorrow. Cars aren't exactly my favorite thing in the world to draw, but hey, it's money.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment