Friday, November 19, 2010

Ever had one of those 50/50 days?

I did. Wanna know why?

I found naked pictures of Javier Bardem! Full-frontal, baby!

Sorry. Just had to let someone know. It made me REALLY happy.

Anyway... Not much happened today. I didn't even get out of the house until almost 1:30, and then it was only to put gas in the car and wander aimlessly around Wal-Mart. When I got home, I sat down to work on the drawing I'd promised a friend for her and her husband's anniversary- a picture of his dark blue Corvette C6.

That is the worst art failure I think I've ever had. I HATE that picture. I want to set fire to it.

I used a pencil for the skeleton and dry pastels because they're easier to smudge. Not only did I make a HUGE mess, I ruined the drawing. I feel so bad- I was supposed to take it to her this weekend, and I have to call her and tell her I can't do it. I have no idea why I thought I could draw a fucking CAR. I'm so bad with clean lines. I can draw the human figure but I can't do objects. I guess I just wanted to do something nice for her because not many people commission me but the thought was always in the back of my head; "I can't draw cars." And clearly I can't, because that picture looks like it was drawn by someone who's never seen a car in person before.

Oh, well, at least I tried... Won't get paid, but I tried.

Anyway, on a happier note, OHMYGOD DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE NAKED JAVIER BARDEM PICTURES!? Oh, I did? Okay.

I can't really post them here, for obvious reasons. But I've saved them and I've printed (and hidden, I DO live in the same house as my mother) the pictures for my own... amusement.

That's pretty much it. I'm working on an essay (actually, two) sort of post that I'll finish up tomorrow. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment