Saturday, December 4, 2010

I lost my class ring today.

That may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I've worn that stupid thing every day for four years. I don't feel right without it.
I know it's somewhere in my room- it slipped off my finger when I was digging for a clean pair of socks or trying to find my sneakers or something. All I know is I was wearing it and then I wasn't- I had it on the wrong hand because my hands were swollen (I've been retaining a lot of water), and when the swelling went down my ring fell off.

Also... It was the only piece of jewelry I owned that was worth anything. I paid $635 for it- it was white gold, had a special cut, and, for some reason, it cost more to NOT get the antique finish, which is weird. The stone was alexandrite, and I loved it because it changed colors in the light. Sometimes it was purple, sometimes green, sometimes gray.

I won't mess with it beforehand, but when I get home from work I'm turning my room upside down to look for that ring. I have to find it.

And if it starts feeling too tight, I'll put it on my necklace so I don't risk losing it again. I'm not going through this shit a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment