Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seriously, Mom, stop talking about my vagina.

For the past week or so, my mom's been reminding me that I need to go to get another pap smear.

Look. I know it's been nearly three years, but I don't have health insurance. I would love nothing more than to know what's up with my lady parts (not really) but I can't even afford to put gas in my car right now. I'm down to my last $80. The job hunt isn't going as well as I'd hoped and while I've moved back home, I'm still being cut off and my mom isn't helping me with the stuff I need on a day-to-day basis. I don't even having anything valuable to sell, it's not like I'm sitting on a goldmine.

My family, on the maternal side, has a lot of reproductive problems. My grandmother, both my aunts, and my mother all had fibroids. One of my aunts had to have an emergency hysterectomy when she was twenty-six because she didn't get them treated.

And people wonder why I don't want to pass on my defective genes.

I'm worried about all that stuff, don't get me wrong. I'm starting to get irregular again. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it.

I just can't go to the doctor just now.

2 comments:

  1. :/

    I'm sorry. May I suggest adding a Paypal donate button? People can be really generous when they know that someone is in need.

    I'm relatively in the same boat. This month is the month that I need to get my yearly, but meh... We haven't made our deductible, I'm not regularly sexually active, and I'm broker than a fucking hobo, so it's been put on the back burner.

    Have you mentioned to your mom that you don't have the money to go to the doctor? I'm sure she would be willing to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we're working on it. I'm back on her work insurance, and now that she's done with having to go to the doctor every couple of weeks from some digestion thing, we're going to make an appointment. All I have to do is work out getting a job so I'll know my schedule.

    ReplyDelete