Monday, September 5, 2011

Long time, no posting.

I've been in a weird mood lately. I'm so easily depressed at the moment... I have no idea if it's some sort of hormonal imbalance, or a side effect of my birth control, or what.

It feels like I cry all the time. Just tonight, I was on the phone with my mom, telling her I found these two prints I had ordered for her a few years ago for Christmas that had ended up with my stuff... and I've had them for a long time. They've been in my room for AT LEAST two years, and I've always known my stepdad didn't want them in the living room or the kitchen because they "didn't match", which is laughable because that is the most schizophrenic design scheme I've ever seen- beach stuff, wine stuff, Italy stuff, classical statues, vintage things... Yeah. Some motif he's got going on in there.

But tonight, it seemed so much worse... Yeah, it's always hurt that my present for my mom wasn't good enough and I ended up with it, but this is the first time I've mentioned it. Somehow I just couldn't keep from saying something... My mom didn't even remember, she had to think about it for a minute because it had been so long since she'd seen either picture. It's a small thing, not really important, but it kind of hurts to think that a gift bought out of love wouldn't be good enough to be displayed with stuff bought at a yard sale.

Anyway... End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment