Tuesday, June 7, 2011

People on the Internet suck.

Okay, so I belong to this conspiracy theory board (cos I'm a nut case like that), and I'm honestly getting a little frustrated.

See, we also talk a lot about religion, which is fine if everyone can post without making an ass out of themselves. But everyone is so disrespectful, it's insane.

I once brought up the "Paul is Dead" theory and was promptly told I was crazy. Sure, it's okay to speculate that Lady Gaga is the Devil and that Rihanna is an Illuminati puppet, but something rooted in actual forensic science (according to an Italian scientific journal) and reality? THAT'S FUCKING CRAZY. *eyeroll*

Tonight, I've gotten into it with another poster for the second time. See, this kid (I'm assuming it's a kid because the avatar is a picture of Hilary Duff and the English is terrible) keeps reporting people to the mods over nothing and accusing everyone of derailing topics if their post mentions anything other than the OP's subject matter. I called her out on this, and then she said I "keep shoving my opinions down people's throats" and that I'm a hypocrite. And that I shouldn't "preach morality in pantyhose", whatever that means.

The first time I had it out with this person, it was over something I'd written that was pretty badly misinformed, and when I admitted fault, apologized, and tried to make a joke, I was accused of trolling and "sucking up".

I'm tempted to report this person and her dickish behaviour. Give her a taste of her own dick medicine. And yes, that WAS a bad Flight of the Conchords reference.

It's just a little tiring to read every other thread on the message board and see that the same person has been reporting people left and right for the smallest things, when I've never reported anyone once. Ever. And I've been personally attacked before, several times. But I handled it like a fucking adult and addressed the other poster directly rather than involve the mods because they have their hands full as it is.

I really like that message board. I have a lot of fun reading and posting there. But some of the other members make it SO DIFFICULT.

EDIT: Bitch just got reported. She responded to a gay member's post calling her a poe (a troll who constantly preaches about religion and/or morality) that read "Looks like we've got a poe!" And then it had a picture of a poe from Ocarina of Time. Her response? "Looks like we have a fagget picture." Her typo, not mine. So I reported the post and explained to the mods that I tried to address her directly without involving them but this was going too far. Hopefully it won't come back on me, because I did derail the thread a little, but I had a quote from her in every post I made and I was addressing her and only her. Maybe by the time I sign back on there'll be one less troll on that message board.

No comments:

Post a Comment